What Is Zoloft?
Generic Zoloft contains such an active ingredient as sertraline which belongs to the category of drugs so-called SSRIs (this abbreviation stands for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). In other words, Generic sertraline is an antidepressant which is used for restoring the balance of certain brain chemicals and therefore fighting depression, anxiety, panic, or obsessive-compulsive symptoms typically caused by such an imbalance. In addition to that, some patients buy cheap Zoloft to treat PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) or PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Your doctor may find Zoloft suitable for some other purposes not mentioned above. However, a Zoloft prescription is required for safe treatment without risks and serious side effects.
What Is Depression?
Depression arouses interest in this article because it is one of the conditions Zoloft as a medicine is for. Many people guess what depression is and what symptoms this condition is accompanied by. Depression is characterized by general low mood, impaired thoughts, behavior and even actions. The loss of interest is a common symptom of depression. Depressed people are sad, hopeless, anxious, irritable, restless and so on.
Is Zoloft safe for me?
This question is the very first one you should answer before ordering Zoloft online. Like any other medication, sertraline imposes certain contraindications and restrictions for some patients.
Zoloft is strictly contraindicated in patients who:
• have an allergy to Zoloft;
• are being treated using methylene blue injection;
• are taking pimozide.
It is also inadmissible to take Zoloft if you have taken any MAO inhibitor during the past 2 weeks. Otherwise a dangerous drug interaction can follow. The MAO inhibitors list includes such items as selegiline, linezolid, phenelzine, isocarboxazid, rasagiline, and tranylcypromine. It is also strongly recommended that you begin taking an MAOI at least 14 days after you stop taking Zoloft. It is vitally important to take into account all the above mentioned information before you order Zoloft
Zoloft may be restricted or completely contraindicated in patients who suffer from:
• kidney or liver problems;
• manic depression;
• such blood problems as a blood clotting disorder or a bleeding disorder.
Certain young patients may encounter the problem of suicidal thoughts after the first dose of Zoloft. That is why it is necessary to have your progress checked by your doctor on a regular basis. A patient’s members of the family and relatives should notice any changes in the person’s mood or symptoms.
All the above mentioned precautions should be carefully considered before you order Zoloft online
Does Zoloft Present Any Danger or Risks to a Pregnant Woman?
The FDA (Food & Drug Administration) has defined Zoloft as a category C medication. In this case treatment implies strict contraindications for female patients when planning pregnancy, during pregnancy and during the breast-feeding period. If taken during pregnancy, Zoloft may cause such serious complications in a baby as lung problems. Becoming pregnant during treatment should be reported to your doctor right away. It is unsafe to stop treatment abruptly since depression may come back in this case. Scientists still don’t know for sure whether sertraline is able to pass into breast milk or not. Thus, a nursing baby may be affected during the breast-feeding period. In this connection a female patient should tell her doctor if she is a breast-feeding mother.
Keep in mind the above mentioned information before ordering sertraline online.
Who Is Zoloft Intended for?
As a rule, Zoloft is for use by people over 18 years old. However, a medical specialist can give a Zoloft prescription to children with OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). Nevertheless, it is inadmissible to treat depression in children with sertraline.
What Is Optimal Dosing Of Zoloft?
After you acquire Zoloft online, you should strictly adhere to dosing recommendations provided by your doctor. Zoloft dosing ranges from 25 to 200 mg depending on the condition and individual case.
Depression is successfully treated using the following scheme. The recommended starting dose is 50 mg a day which can then be increased step by step – weekly – by 50 mg up to 200 mg, but no more than that. The same scheme can be used for treating obsessive compulsive disorder.
The initial dose for panic disorder is 25 mg per day and can be increased up to 50 mg per day a week later. This way the dose can be increased up to 200 mg, but no more than that. The same scheme can be used for treating post-traumatic stress disorder and social anxiety disorder.
The above-mentioned information should not be considered by you as a guide to immediate action. You should check with your doctor to get a detailed prescription before you order sertraline online.
What Are the Common Guidelines on the Use of Zoloft?
Before you buy Zoloft online, you should get familiar with common tips on how the medicine should be taken in a proper way.
1. Zoloft is a prescription medicine which should be taken with the permission of your doctor. During treatment you should strictly follow prescription guidelines to get the best results. However, your doctor can make changes in your dosing and schedule, if necessary. Patients shouldn’t adjust dosing or schedule on their own.
2. It is possible to take Zoloft with or without food. Take your prescribed dose every day at approximately the same time.
3. Zoloft treatment may not give immediate results. About a month may pass before symptoms improve. Do not stop treatment by yourself without consulting your doctor.
4. Withdrawal symptoms may manifest themselves if you stop treatment suddenly. Follow your doctor’s advice on how to stop using sertraline in a safe and efficient manner.
5. There is evidence that Zoloft may affect drug screening test results since urine contains remains of sertraline and other substances. So, before providing a urine sample, be sure to inform the laboratory personnel that you have taken Zoloft.
6. Zoloft should be stored away from direct sunlight and moisture at room temperature.
It is recommended that you buy sertraline online after visiting your doctor and getting familiar with prescription guidelines.
What Drugs May Lead to Harmful Interactions with Zoloft?
There is a list of drugs which can interact with Zoloft and cause unpleasant interaction effects. You should cross out the following medicines before you purchase Zoloft:
• any other antidepressant;
• cough medicine that contains dextromethorphan;
• St. John’s wort;
• pain medication–fentanyl, tramadol;
• medicines for heart or blood pressure problems – metoprolol, propranolol, flecainide, propafenone, and others;
• warfarin, Coumadin;
• medicines for migraine headache – zolmitriptan, sumatriptan, and others;
• seizure medication–divalproex, phenytoin.
If taken concurrently with a sleeping pill, a muscle relaxer, a narcotic pain medicine, or a medicine for seizures, Zoloft can make you even sleepier and slow your breathing as it increases the effects of the above-listed drugs.
Interactions with other medications are also possible. That is why it is important to inform your doctor of all the medicines you are currently taking before you purchase Zoloft online.
What to Do if You Have Missed a Dose?
When trying to make up the missed dose, you should keep in mind that a new dose should not lead to an overdose. So, the missed dose should be skipped if you are about to take a scheduled one. It is inadmissible to take the medicine in additional amounts since too much of sertraline taken at a go can result in an overdose with severe symptoms.
A prescription with dosing and schedule recommendations is required before you buy sertraline.
What to Do if You Have an Overdose?
If you have an overdose, it is necessary to seek emergency medical attention at once.
What Should Be Avoided During Treatment with Zoloft?
When being treated with Zoloft, you should abstain from:
• alcohol (since some side effects of Zoloft can get worse);
• activities that require concentration (since Zoloft may affect the way you think and react);
• a number of medicines including NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for fever, pain, arthritis, or swelling (since you may develop easy bruising or bleeding due to the action of Zoloft).
What Are Possible Side Effects of Zoloft?
Before you purchase sertraline online, you should get familiar with the list of side effects you may experience when taking Zoloft.
Side effects are different in severity ranging from mild to serious (severe).
Severe side effects caused by Zoloft should be handled by highly qualified medical personnel who possess all the required skills and experience. First of all, it is necessary to call your healthcare provider immediately if you experience such symptoms of an allergic reaction as difficulty breathing, hives, skin rash, or swelling.
It is also vitally important to seek emergency medical attention if you have:
• severe nausea or vomiting, diarrhea;
• loss of coordination;
• severe headache;
• difficulty memorizing;
• problems breathing;
• loss of appetite, etc.
The below-mentioned side effects are far more common and are associated with much lower risks:
• mild nausea;
• upset stomach;
• unexpected changes in weight;
• dry mouth;
• drowsiness, weakness;
• such sexual problems as temporary erectile dysfunction, decreased sex drive, or problems having an orgasm.
If you want to get familiar with the complete list of side effects, you can ask your doctor to provide you with full information. This is important to do before you purchase sertraline.